Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vemurafenib: Cancer Drug Brings Dying Man Back From Brink

A man suffering from the deadliest form of skin cancer has told Sky News how a new drug brought him back from the brink of death.

Charlie Jones woke up two weeks ago from emergency surgery on tumours that had spread to his kidneys to be told he had a matter of hours to live.

But doctors at the Christie Hospital in Manchester decided to try out a drug called vemurafenib that has only just become available.

To their amazement, his response was almost immediate. He is now much better and has returned home.

"Since I've been taking the drug I have been getting stronger and stronger," he said.

"I'm getting colour in my face. My body is feeling a lot better. It's helping me feel like the old me." Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...